In a Jan. 31 letter to students, leadership announced a dollars for compliance-type incentive program aimed at encouraging COVID-19 testing among Highlanders.
Asymptomatic students can earn a $5 Bear Bucks reward for each PCR test taken. Students who have COVID-19 symptoms, including mild ones, should not come to campus to get tested. This includes students who are vaccinated. The program is expected to run until Feb. 25.
“Just as many individual vaccinations have collectively helped to protect our campus from virus transmission, individual testing can do the same," Elizabeth Watkins, UCR provost and executive vice chancellor, and Brian Haynes, vice chancellor for student affairs, wrote to students. "Thank you in advance for doing your part!”
- From Jan. 31 until Feb. 25, fully vaccinated, asymptomatic students can earn a $5 Bear Bucks reward for each PCR test result, with a two result (or $10) maximum
- PCR tests must be scheduled at a campus test site
- Students must have an active R’Card (student identification) issued by Feb. 25 to be eligible for the reward
- Students should log in to their R’Card account to confirm that Bear Bucks have been applied
- Any students who have met these conditions but still haven’t received their Bear Bucks by mid-March should contact Card Services.