UC Riverside's episode on the Amazon Prime streaming series “The College Tour” is now live and viewable on YouTube.
The College Tour series highlights colleges and universities and features student testimonials. The 30-minute UCR episode – the 70th in the series – was filmed on campus in late July.
Patrick Samones, a Moreno Valley resident and medical student who received his bachelor’s degree in biology at UCR, is among the students profiled. He is a first-generation student from an immigrant family.
“I’m just hoping more people learn about the mission of the school and how important it is for underserved communities like our own,” he said.
The release was celebrated Oct. 20 with a launch party at the UCR Alumni & Visitors Center, attended by about 80 students, staff, and guests. A virtual screening event was held Oct. 21.
Students featured and the titles of their segments include:
• Kaylee Cheung, 2nd year Biology, “The City of Riverside”
• Josh Castro De Leon, 4th year Edu and Media/Cultural Studies, “Events and Activities”
• Valerie Chagollan, 4th year Biochemistry, “Transfer Student Experience”
• Dev Bhatt, 4th year Bioengineering, “World Class Faculty”
• Dewayne Wallace, 4th year Creative Writing and English, “Finding Community”
• Hong Yi “Alfred” Koo, 4th year Soc and Psych, “Student Recreation Center”
• Patrick Samones, School of Medicine student, “Social Mobility”
• Marvin Strauch, 4th year English and Creative Writing, “Global Impact”
• Susy Morales Benitez, 4th year Soc, “Academic Success and Support”
• Megan Woodall, 4th year Environmental Engineering, “Research Opportunities”